But one of my friends from home in Pennsylvania emailed me her list and I was intrigued by her answers. So here are mine, for better or for worse.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:10
2. Diamonds or pearls? diamonds for sure!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Good Shepherd in NB at Christmas time
4. What are your favorite shows? Survivor, The Amazing Race, Corner Gas(a Canadian comdey that is strikingly similar to the Seinfeld humor: stupid people, inside jokes, and making mountains out of mole hills)
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? A cup of Lipton tea flavored with Vanilla Creamer(the usual) and an English muffin with peanut butter
6. What is your favorite quote? something about "some of my best friends are books"
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian grills, steakhouses
8. What foods do you dislike? casseroles, I never met one I really liked
9. Favorite chips? Sun Chips, Lay's Masterpiece BBQ (in small doses)
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? the homemade Frank Sinatara and Dean Martin ones that are currently MIA!
11. What kind of car do you drive? on most days, none. I share our Honda Accord with my husband
12. What is your favorite sandwich? grilled chicken fajita pita
13. What characteristics do you despise? arrogance
14. What are your favorite clothes? old navy jeans, red sweater, old navy socks and blue running pants that I never run in.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? the UK
16. What is your favorite Bible Verse? that is impossible to answer, the minute I pick one, I'll want to change it to another one. Favorite portions: Deut. 6; Psalm 19, 103; Proverbs 16, Isaiah 40; Romans; Colossians.
17. What is your favorite novel? Jan Karon's Mitford books
18. Favorite time of day? breakfast and after dinnertime, before I start getting sleepy
19. Where were you born? in a Catholic Hospital as ironically was my son
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? NFL football on tv
21. If you were guaranteed to be safe what extreme sport would you try? no interest at all
22. Person you expect to send it back first? no one
23. Pepsi or Coke? Coke
24. Beavers or ducks? despite having lived in Canada for close to 5 years now, I have yet to see the beaver, so I'll say beavers, but I really do like ducks
25. Are you a morning person or a night owl? morning person
26. Pedicure or manicure? neither, don't touch my feet, please.
27. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I've hatched a business plan that will probably never take off.
28. What did you want to be when you were little? a librarian
29. What is your best childhood memory? playing at Grandad's house, skating on the neighbor's pond, digging in "the Pile", biking to Crystal Springs
30. Piercings? just ears
31. Favorite summer activity? gardening, hands down the best
32. Ever been toilet papering? yes, a friend's house from high school
33. Been in a car accident? yes, several, with minor injuries
34. Favorite Day of the week? Saturday mornings during yardsale season, Sundays for church,
35. Favorite restaurant? can't say that I have one right now
36. Favorite Flower? can't pick, too many favorites, daffodils, tulips, zinnias, delphanium...
37. Favorite ice cream? Haggan Daaz coffee, Turkey Hill Chocolate Marshmellow, some versions of Mint Chocolate Chip
38. Favorite fast food restaurant? not sure, Subway or Wendy's, Starbucks for the Carmel Frappuchino!
39. How many times did you fail your drivers test? none thankfully, even though I stalled my mother's standard shift on a ridicously steep hill taking off from a stop sign.
40. From whom did you get your last email? my sister, oddly enough
41. In which store would you choose to max out your Credit Card? any good thrift or antique store that includes lots of books or Barnes & Noble
42. Bedtime? 10:30ish
43. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? my mom
44. Last person you went to dinner with? my husband for a weekend Valentine's dinner
45. What are you listening to right now? Little Bear, my son is watching it as I type this
46. What is your favorite color? blues, reds/pinks, and more recently greens, black
47.Name 4 Movies you would watch over and over: You've got Mail, Anne of Green Gables(both movies), Sound of Music, and Mickey Blue Eyes
48. Four places I have lived: Kutztown, PA; Philadelphia, PA; Fredericton, NB and Ottawa, ON
49.Four places I have been on vacation: Florida; Washington D.C.; Prince Edward Island; Nova Scotia
50.Four places I would like to be/go right now: unlocking the door to our potentially new home, digging in the flower bed at my mother's house and making cuttings to bring across the border, shopping(actually spending money) for second-hand stuff on Ebay, entertaining visiting family, and bringing home a new baby.